Sunday, November 30, 2025
  • Who’sWho Africa AWARDS
  • About TimeAfrica Magazine
  • Contact Us
Time Africa Magazine
  • Home
  • Magazine
  • WHO’SWHO AWARDS
  • News
  • World News
    • US
    • UAE
    • Europe
    • UK
    • Israel-Hamas
    • Russia-Ukraine
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Column
  • Interviews
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
Time Africa Magazine
  • Home
  • Magazine
  • WHO’SWHO AWARDS
  • News
  • World News
    • US
    • UAE
    • Europe
    • UK
    • Israel-Hamas
    • Russia-Ukraine
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Column
  • Interviews
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
Time Africa Magazine
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • WHO’SWHO AWARDS
  • News
  • Magazine
  • World News

Home » Special Report » How a helicopter, vehicles and motorcycles were used to kidnap schoolchildren in Nigeria

How a helicopter, vehicles and motorcycles were used to kidnap schoolchildren in Nigeria

November 30, 2025
in Special Report
0
541
SHARES
4.5k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Fresh details have emerged about how gunmen mobilised a helicopter, vehicles and motorcycles to carry out the mass abduction of pupils and teachers from St Mary’s Private Catholic School in Papiri, Agwara Local Government Area of Niger State. The attack, now more than a week old, saw hundreds of children seized in what officials describe as one of the largest school kidnappings recorded in the region in recent years.

According to school authorities, the assault began with the unmistakable sound of a helicopter circling overhead, moments before armed men stormed the grounds. The school’s principal, Felicia Gyang, and head teacher, Blessing Amodu, said the attackers used waiting vehicles and motorcycles to ferry pupils out of the compound with alarming speed, adding that no security personnel arrived as the operation unfolded.

Reports say, some of the attackers spoke openly about abducting the children in order to secure financial gain. “They should abduct the children so that they can have money,” one of the teachers recalled hearing during the assault.

More than a week on, no armed group has claimed responsibility for the abduction, and no ransom demand has yet been communicated to the school, families or local officials. The lack of contact has deepened anxiety among relatives, who say they have received no credible information about the location or condition of the pupils and the 12 members of staff taken.

ReadAlso

Bishop Kukah Rejects Claims Of Christian Genocide In Nigeria

US Spy Plane Flies Into Nigeria, Begins Surveillance Operations

On Monday, parents and relatives gathered at the school to protest what they described as government inaction and inadequate security protection. The demonstration coincided with an exercise led by Niger State authorities to record the names of missing pupils and staff. Officials said 215 parents and guardians had been formally documented, although some families insisted the actual number of abducted children remained higher.

The journey from Minna, the state capital, to Papiri is lengthy and difficult, and the school compound was filled with wailing, prayers and demands for urgent intervention. Mothers collapsed in tears while fathers appealed to officials for quicker action. Many relatives said they felt abandoned by the authorities and expressed frustration that no visible search-and-rescue operation was underway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Some parents who lost more than one child in the attack were too distraught to speak in detail. Among them was 35-year-old Samson Najajah, whose 15-year-old son was abducted. Najajah described his own ordeal as a kidnap victim in 2021, saying the gunmen who captured him refused to accept naira payments and instead demanded ransom in West African CFA francs. “I can only imagine what the children are going through,” he said.

Teachers also described narrow escapes. One staff member, Martha Mathias, said her five-year-old daughter inadvertently saved her from being taken by clinging to her during the chaos, preventing the gunmen from dragging her away. Her husband, however, was seized alongside the students.

The Catholic Bishop of Kontagora Diocese and proprietor of the school, Most Reverend Bulus Yohanna, urged families to remain hopeful. He said he believed the abducted pupils and teachers would eventually be rescued, though the authorities have yet to outline a clear plan or timeline for their return.

Tags: KidnappingNigeriaSchoolchildren
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Bishop Kukah Rejects Claims Of Christian Genocide In Nigeria

You MayAlso Like

Special Report

Lured by Jobs, They Ended Up ‘Going to War’ for Russia

November 30, 2025
Special Report

South Africa’s President Ramaphosa Not Invited to G20 Summit in U.S. in 2026, Says Trump

November 28, 2025
Special Report

The Return of the Beast: SWAT Accused of Reviving SARS-Era Brutality in Enugu

November 26, 2025
Special Report

511 Billion-Barrels of Oil Uncovers in Antarctica

November 20, 2025
Featured

The Shadow of Chibok Still Looms: New Abduction of Schoolgirls—A Tragedy the World Cannot Ignore

November 19, 2025
Special Report

Kenya’s Most Valuable Export Is No Longer Coffee — It’s Its Workers

November 16, 2025

Discussion about this post

Nollywood Actor Reportedly Dead After Night Out In South Africa

The Return of the Beast: SWAT Accused of Reviving SARS-Era Brutality in Enugu

Bandits threaten to kidnap President Tinubu, Govs In Days Ahead, as Boko Haram Beheads Two Women

Coup d’état: Guinea-Bissau Army Seizes Power, Deposes President

Pope Leo issues new decree on polygamy

WAEC gives update on five compulsory subjects ahead of May\June 2026

  • British government apologizes to Peter Obi, as hired impostors, master manipulators on rampage abroad

    1244 shares
    Share 498 Tweet 311
  • Maids trafficked and sold to wealthy Saudis on black market

    1069 shares
    Share 428 Tweet 267
  • Flight Attendant Sees Late Husband On Plane

    977 shares
    Share 391 Tweet 244
  • ‘Céline Dion Dead 2023’: Singer killed By Internet Death Hoax

    906 shares
    Share 362 Tweet 226
  • Crisis echoes, fears grow in Amechi Awkunanaw in Enugu State

    739 shares
    Share 296 Tweet 185
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

British government apologizes to Peter Obi, as hired impostors, master manipulators on rampage abroad

April 13, 2023

Maids trafficked and sold to wealthy Saudis on black market

December 27, 2022
Flight Attendant Sees Late Husband On Plane

Flight Attendant Sees Late Husband On Plane

September 22, 2023
‘Céline Dion Dead 2023’: Singer killed By Internet Death Hoax

‘Céline Dion Dead 2023’: Singer killed By Internet Death Hoax

March 21, 2023
Chief Mrs Ebelechukwu, wife of Willie Obiano, former governor of Anambra state

NIGERIA: No, wife of Biafran warlord, Bianca Ojukwu lied – Ebele Obiano:

0

SOUTH AFRICA: TO LEAVE OR NOT TO LEAVE?

0
kelechi iheanacho

TOP SCORER: IHEANACHA

0
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

WHAT CAN’TBE TAKEN AWAY FROM JONATHAN

0

How a helicopter, vehicles and motorcycles were used to kidnap schoolchildren in Nigeria

November 30, 2025

Bishop Kukah Rejects Claims Of Christian Genocide In Nigeria

November 30, 2025

US Spy Plane Flies Into Nigeria, Begins Surveillance Operations

November 30, 2025

Dr. Uche Nworah Honours Chief Olisa Metuh at 60th Birthday

November 30, 2025

ABOUT US

Time Africa Magazine

TIMEAFRICA MAGAZINE is an African Magazine with a culture of excellence; a magazine without peer. Nearly a third of its readers hold advanced degrees and include novelists, … READ MORE >>

SECTIONS

  • Aviation
  • Column
  • Crime
  • Europe
  • Featured
  • Gallery
  • Health
  • Interviews
  • Israel-Hamas
  • Lifestyle
  • Magazine
  • Middle-East
  • News
  • Politics
  • Press Release
  • Russia-Ukraine
  • Science
  • Special Report
  • Sports
  • TV/Radio
  • UAE
  • UK
  • US
  • World News

Useful Links

  • AllAfrica
  • Channel Africa
  • El Khabar
  • The Guardian
  • Cairo Live
  • Le Republicain
  • Magazine: 9771144975608
  • Subscribe to TIMEAFRICA MAGAZINE biweekly news magazine

    Enjoy handpicked stories from around African continent,
    delivered anywhere in the world

    Subscribe

    • About TimeAfrica Magazine
    • Privacy Policy
    • Contact Us
    • WHO’SWHO AWARDS

    © 2025 TimeAfrica Magazine - All Right Reserved. TimeAfrica Magazine Ltd is published by Times Associates, registered Nigeria. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • WHO’SWHO AWARDS
    • Politics
    • Column
    • Interviews
    • Gallery
    • Lifestyle
    • Special Report
    • Sports
    • TV/Radio
    • Aviation
    • Health
    • Science
    • World News

    © 2025 TimeAfrica Magazine - All Right Reserved. TimeAfrica Magazine Ltd is published by Times Associates, registered Nigeria. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.