Sunday, August 31, 2025
  • Who’sWho Africa AWARDS
  • About Time Africa Magazine
  • Contact Us
Time Africa Magazine
  • Home
  • Magazine
  • WHO’SWHO AWARDS
  • News
  • World News
    • US
    • UAE
    • Europe
    • UK
    • Israel-Hamas
    • Russia-Ukraine
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Column
  • Interviews
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
Time Africa Magazine
  • Home
  • Magazine
  • WHO’SWHO AWARDS
  • News
  • World News
    • US
    • UAE
    • Europe
    • UK
    • Israel-Hamas
    • Russia-Ukraine
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Column
  • Interviews
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
Time Africa Magazine
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • WHO’SWHO AWARDS
  • News
  • Magazine
  • World News

Home » World News » Netanyahu vows more Gaza bombing as death toll mounts

Netanyahu vows more Gaza bombing as death toll mounts

December 26, 2023
in World News
0
Benjamin Netanyahu said the war was not close to being over

Benjamin Netanyahu said the war was not close to being over

540
SHARES
4.5k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Dozens of Palestinians have been killed since Sunday in massive Israeli strikes in Gaza, where Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu visited on Monday, promising an intensified offensive against Hamas in this devastated and besieged territory.

The conflict also continues to fuel the risk of a regional conflagration: Iran, an ally of Lebanese Hezbollah and Palestinian Hamas, accused Israel of killing a leader of the Revolutionary Guards, its ideological army, in a strike in Syria and vowed to avenge his death.

Triggered over two months ago by an unprecedented Hamas attack on Israel, the war offers no respite to Palestinian civilians threatened with starvation according to the UN, despite urgent calls for a ceasefire.

According to the latest figures from the Ministry of Health of Hamas, which has been in power in Gaza since 2007, 20,674 people have been killed in Israeli military operations, the majority of them women and children, and almost 55,000 wounded.

The offensive, Israel’s bloodiest ever against Hamas in Gaza, was launched in retaliation for the Palestinian Islamist movement’s attack on its soil on October 7, which left around 1,140 people dead, most of them civilians, according to the latest official Israeli figures. Palestinian commandos also abducted around 250 people, 129 of whom remain in custody in Gaza.

ReadAlso

Hamas orders starving hostage to dig his own grave

Israel Airdrops Food Into Gaza As It Rebuffs Famine Claims

Israel has vowed to destroy Hamas, which it considers a terrorist organization, along with the United States and the European Union.

Before dawn on Monday, the Israeli air force bombed the Gaza Strip on a massive scale. One strike near the village of Al-Zawaida (center) left 12 people dead, and another at least 18 dead in Khan Younès (south), according to the Hamas Ministry of Health.

ADVERTISEMENT

By Sunday evening, at least 70 people had been killed in a strike on the al-Maghazi refugee camp (center), according to this source. The Israeli army, which said it was doing its utmost to spare civilians, said it was “verifying the incident”.

“And if it was your son!”

On the Israeli side, the army announced the death of two soldiers, bringing to 156 the number of its servicemen killed since the launch of the ground offensive in Gaza on October 27, 20 days after the start of aerial bombardments.

Palestinian fighters have fired rockets into Israel during the day, most of which are usually intercepted by the Israeli missile defense system.

Despite growing calls for a ceasefire, a heavy human toll and a humanitarian crisis described as catastrophic by the UN and NGOs, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu remains adamant.

“We’re not stopping (…) we’re stepping up the fighting in the coming days. It’s going to be a long war”, he insisted on Monday after visiting Gaza, in front of members of his Likud party.

Mr. Netanyahu was heckled during a speech in Parliament on Monday by families of hostages demanding their release, who chanted “Now, now!”.

“What if it was your son?”, “80 days, every minute is hell”, read banners held up by the families.

In the evening, relatives of hostages demonstrated outside the Ministry of Defense in Tel Aviv before a meeting of the war cabinet.

“Free our hostages now! At any price”, proclaimed one placard.

Hamas demands an end to the fighting before entering into new negotiations for hostage releases.

 

Tags: Benjamin NetanyahuGazaHamas
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

160 People in Central Nigeria Reportedly Killed in Bandit Attacks

Next Post

DR Congo presidential election: partial results give Tshisekedi a clear lead

You MayAlso Like

The tallest bridge in the world begins pre-opening load tests in Guizhou province on Aug 21, 2025. (LIU QING / FOR CHINA DAILY)
World News

China finishes world’s highest bridge

August 31, 2025
UK

Prince Harry ‘to meet with King Charles’ when he returns to UK for anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II’s death

August 29, 2025
UK

Get your children the chickenpox jab to stop the anti-vaxxers, minister tells parents

August 29, 2025
Middle-East

How former Israeli PM Olmert views the war

August 28, 2025
UK

Prince Harry to return to UK on third anniversary of Queen’s death

August 28, 2025
World News

Chaos at Airport after passenger set fire to check-in desk

August 20, 2025
Next Post
DRC's President Tshisekedi

DR Congo presidential election: partial results give Tshisekedi a clear lead

People displaced by the conflict in Sudan get in their transporation as they flee Wad Madani, the capital of al-Jazirah state, heading to Gadaref state on Dec 16, 2023. (PHOTO / AFP)

Sudan: RSF militiamen accused of widespread looting in Wad Madani

Discussion about this post

Inside the Battle for Ownership of Madonna University

Stolen Soil, Land Grabbing: Mburubu Community Sends SOS to Enugu Govt

Kemi Badenoch reveals ‘hysterical’ level of personal attacks faced as a black woman

NYSC Member Shares Harrowing Experience with Anambra Vigilantes

Africa’s largest refugee-hosting country is facing backlash over US migrant deal

Six beers that are good for your gut health – and the ones to avoid

  • British government apologizes to Peter Obi, as hired impostors, master manipulators on rampage abroad

    1240 shares
    Share 496 Tweet 310
  • Maids trafficked and sold to wealthy Saudis on black market

    1066 shares
    Share 426 Tweet 267
  • Flight Attendant Sees Late Husband On Plane

    972 shares
    Share 389 Tweet 243
  • ‘Céline Dion Dead 2023’: Singer killed By Internet Death Hoax

    904 shares
    Share 361 Tweet 226
  • Crisis echoes, fears grow in Amechi Awkunanaw in Enugu State

    735 shares
    Share 294 Tweet 184
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

British government apologizes to Peter Obi, as hired impostors, master manipulators on rampage abroad

April 13, 2023

Maids trafficked and sold to wealthy Saudis on black market

December 27, 2022
Flight Attendant Sees Late Husband On Plane

Flight Attendant Sees Late Husband On Plane

September 22, 2023
‘Céline Dion Dead 2023’: Singer killed By Internet Death Hoax

‘Céline Dion Dead 2023’: Singer killed By Internet Death Hoax

March 21, 2023
Chief Mrs Ebelechukwu, wife of Willie Obiano, former governor of Anambra state

NIGERIA: No, wife of Biafran warlord, Bianca Ojukwu lied – Ebele Obiano:

0

SOUTH AFRICA: TO LEAVE OR NOT TO LEAVE?

0
kelechi iheanacho

TOP SCORER: IHEANACHA

0
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

WHAT CAN’TBE TAKEN AWAY FROM JONATHAN

0

Ex-IGP Solomon Arase Dies at 69

August 31, 2025
The tallest bridge in the world begins pre-opening load tests in Guizhou province on Aug 21, 2025. (LIU QING / FOR CHINA DAILY)

China finishes world’s highest bridge

August 31, 2025
The mountainous northern tip of Somalia’s Puntland State has become the base of operations of the Islamic State group’s al-Karrar office, which coordinates financing for the group’s terrorist operations across African, the Middle East and Central Asia. GETTY IMAGES/THE WASHINGTON POST

Terrorists Killed 150,000 Across Africa in Past Decade, Study Finds

August 31, 2025

Prince Harry ‘to meet with King Charles’ when he returns to UK for anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II’s death

August 29, 2025

ABOUT US

Time Africa Magazine

TIME AFRICA MAGAZINE is an African Magazine with a culture of excellence; a magazine without peer. Nearly a third of its readers hold advanced degrees and include novelists, … READ MORE >>

SECTIONS

  • Aviation
  • Column
  • Crime
  • Europe
  • Featured
  • Gallery
  • Health
  • Interviews
  • Israel-Hamas
  • Lifestyle
  • Magazine
  • Middle-East
  • News
  • Politics
  • Press Release
  • Russia-Ukraine
  • Science
  • Special Report
  • Sports
  • TV/Radio
  • UAE
  • UK
  • US
  • World News

Useful Links

  • AllAfrica
  • Channel Africa
  • El Khabar
  • The Guardian
  • Cairo Live
  • Le Republicain
  • Magazine: 9771144975608
  • Subscribe to TIME AFRICA biweekly news magazine

    Enjoy handpicked stories from around African continent,
    delivered anywhere in the world

    Subscribe

    • About Time Africa Magazine
    • Privacy Policy
    • Contact Us
    • WHO’SWHO AWARDS

    © 2025 Time Africa Magazine - All Right Reserved. Time Africa is a trademark of Times Associates, registered in the U.S, & Nigeria. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • WHO’SWHO AWARDS
    • Politics
    • Column
    • Interviews
    • Gallery
    • Lifestyle
    • Special Report
    • Sports
    • TV/Radio
    • Aviation
    • Health
    • Science
    • World News

    © 2025 Time Africa Magazine - All Right Reserved. Time Africa is a trademark of Times Associates, registered in the U.S, & Nigeria. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.