Sunday, November 30, 2025
  • Who’sWho Africa AWARDS
  • About TimeAfrica Magazine
  • Contact Us
Time Africa Magazine
  • Home
  • Magazine
  • WHO’SWHO AWARDS
  • News
  • World News
    • US
    • UAE
    • Europe
    • UK
    • Israel-Hamas
    • Russia-Ukraine
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Column
  • Interviews
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
Time Africa Magazine
  • Home
  • Magazine
  • WHO’SWHO AWARDS
  • News
  • World News
    • US
    • UAE
    • Europe
    • UK
    • Israel-Hamas
    • Russia-Ukraine
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Column
  • Interviews
  • Special Report
No Result
View All Result
Time Africa Magazine
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • WHO’SWHO AWARDS
  • News
  • Magazine
  • World News

Home » Special Report » Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs ‘put on suicide watch’ as he awaits trial behind bars

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs ‘put on suicide watch’ as he awaits trial behind bars

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs has faced a series of civil lawsuits accusing him of sexual abuse over the last year

September 21, 2024
in Special Report
0
Sean-Diddy-Combs

Sean "Diddy" Combs stands before U.S. Magistrate Judge Robyn Tarnofsky September 17. Picture: REUTERS/Jane Rosenberg

541
SHARES
4.5k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Sean “Diddy” Combs is “on suicide watch” in prison as he awaits trial on sex trafficking and racketeering charges, according to reports.

The rapper appeared in court on Wednesday to propose a $50 million bail package to avoid the notorious Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, but he was denied by the judge.

According to report, Diddy has been placed on suicide watch as a “preventative measure”. On Wednesday Diddy’s lawyers argued he was not a flight risk or dangerous, but they failed to convince the judge.

The prosecution shared alleged text messages from Diddy to his ex, Cassie Ventura, following the attack on her in 2016 to argue he should remain behind bars until trial.

Diddy allegedly said: “Call me, the cops are here. I got six kids. You, please call. I’m surrounded. You gonna abandon me all alone.”

ReadAlso

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs hit with sex trafficking, racketeering charges in sprawling indictment

He pleaded not guilty to racketeering, sex trafficking and transportation to engage in prostitution and maintains he is “an innocent man.”

In 1999 Diddy said in an interview he “wanted to be very, very rich”. He accomplished that, but his millions couldn’t keep him out of jail while he awaits trial.

ADVERTISEMENT

According to Forbes, Diddy’s estimated net worth is approximately $400 million. As the string of shocking allegations come out against him in the last year, his wealth has dropped. In 2019 his net worth was an estimated $740 million.

His lawyers said he was trying to sell his private jet – dubbed “Combs Air” – which set him back $60 million.

He purchased his sprawling Miami mansion – which he has now switched for the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn – for $14.5 million in 2003. It is now worth upwards of $48 million, his lawyers said.

Kesha takes a swipe at Diddy
Kesha has teased a new version of her hit song “Tik Tok”, which contains a reference to the disgraced music mogul.

The 37-year-old singer, who originally released the 2009 track with the opening lyric “Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy”, has shared a new version with the alternative line, “feeling like f*** P Diddy”.

Kesha first teased the lyric change when singing the alternative version onstage with Reneé Rapp at Coachella in March, and has since promised fans she will officially release the song on streaming platforms when she secures the legal rights.

Diddy and his legal team knew that serious charges against him were coming.

One of his attorneys, Teny Geragos, told NewsNation how the rapper traveled to New York 12 days before his arrest and was ready “to surrender”.

Since he arrived in the city, he was holed up in the Park Hyatt New York before his arrest on Monday night by Homeland Security

He appeared in court on Tuesday, where he pleaded not guilty to charges of sex trafficking, racketeering, and transportation to engage in prostitution.

Diddy was refused bail by a judge on Tuesday, and his lawyers argued against this at an appeal hearing on Wednesday.

They ultimately failed to convince another judge to bail their client and he was sent back to pre-trial detention.

More details on Diddy reportedly being placed “on suicide watch” now.

A source told NBC the move was “procedural with high profile clients” and Diddy “remains strong and focused on his defense” as he awaits trial.

His lawyers are hoping to get him out of the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn before trial, they said.

More than three decades after Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs named his label Bad Boy Records, he’s been arrested on federal racketeering and sex trafficking charges, accused of everything from arson to kidnapping.

He has pleaded not guilty and denies the allegations against him.

As authorities outline the shocking activities allegedly carried out at Diddy’s direction by his “criminal enterprise,” Sheila Flynn charts the star’s epic fall from grace.

More than three decades after Sean Combs named his label Bad Boy Records, he’s been arrested on federal racketeering and sex trafficking charges, accused of everything from arson to kidnapping. As authorities outline the shocking activities allegedly carried out at Combs’ direction by his “criminal enterprise,” Sheila Flynn charts the star’s epic fall from grace.

Video gives a glimpse of the grim conditions inside the notorious Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn.

The rapper is being held in the prison on pretrial detention.

The footage, obtained by Spectrum News NY1, shows cockroaches in the cereal and mold growing in the showers.

In court this week, the prosecution said there is “a massive amount of evidence” against the defendant, who has pleaded not guilty to the charges again him.

Here’s a breakdown of some of the figures:

More than 50 alleged victims and witnesses interviewed
– 300 grand jury subpoenas served
– 20 search warrants obtained
– 100 seized phones, tablets and iCloud accounts
– 1,000 bottles of baby oil and lubricant seized in the raid on his home earlier this year.

Diddy’s legal team have requested whether the judge would consider transferring their client from the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn to a facility in Essex County, New Jersey.

His legal team had tried to keep the rapper out of the notorious New York facility, but a judge ruled he must stay there until trial.

Diddy’s next court appearance is reportedly scheduled for October 9.

CNN reports his lawyer plans to appeal the ruling to deny bail again. “I’m not going to let him sit in that jail a day longer than he has to,” Agnifilo said.

No trial date has been set for Diddy yet and he could be waiting a while behind bars.

He faces charges of racketeering, sex trafficking and transportation to engage in prostitution for allegedly running a decades-long “criminal enterprise” that forced victims to carry out sex acts. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Agnifilo said he wants the case to go to trial as soon as possible, but his team is considering the next steps following Wednesday’s bail denial.

 

Tags: Sean "Diddy" Combs
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Israel confirms killing of Hezbollah’s second-in-command

Next Post

8th National Youth Games closes, Delta Emerges 8th Time Champions

You MayAlso Like

Special Report

South Africa’s President Ramaphosa Not Invited to G20 Summit in U.S. in 2026, Says Trump

November 28, 2025
Special Report

The Return of the Beast: SWAT Accused of Reviving SARS-Era Brutality in Enugu

November 26, 2025
Special Report

511 Billion-Barrels of Oil Uncovers in Antarctica

November 20, 2025
Featured

The Shadow of Chibok Still Looms: New Abduction of Schoolgirls—A Tragedy the World Cannot Ignore

November 19, 2025
Special Report

Kenya’s Most Valuable Export Is No Longer Coffee — It’s Its Workers

November 16, 2025
Special Report

Poorer nations call on rich countries to open their wallets at Cop30

November 16, 2025
Next Post

8th National Youth Games closes, Delta Emerges 8th Time Champions

South Carolina executes first man in 13 years despite new evidence of innocence

Discussion about this post

Nollywood Actor Reportedly Dead After Night Out In South Africa

The Return of the Beast: SWAT Accused of Reviving SARS-Era Brutality in Enugu

Bandits threaten to kidnap President Tinubu, Govs In Days Ahead, as Boko Haram Beheads Two Women

Coup d’état: Guinea-Bissau Army Seizes Power, Deposes President

Pope Leo issues new decree on polygamy

WAEC gives update on five compulsory subjects ahead of May\June 2026

  • British government apologizes to Peter Obi, as hired impostors, master manipulators on rampage abroad

    1244 shares
    Share 498 Tweet 311
  • Maids trafficked and sold to wealthy Saudis on black market

    1069 shares
    Share 428 Tweet 267
  • Flight Attendant Sees Late Husband On Plane

    977 shares
    Share 391 Tweet 244
  • ‘Céline Dion Dead 2023’: Singer killed By Internet Death Hoax

    906 shares
    Share 362 Tweet 226
  • Crisis echoes, fears grow in Amechi Awkunanaw in Enugu State

    739 shares
    Share 296 Tweet 185
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

British government apologizes to Peter Obi, as hired impostors, master manipulators on rampage abroad

April 13, 2023

Maids trafficked and sold to wealthy Saudis on black market

December 27, 2022
Flight Attendant Sees Late Husband On Plane

Flight Attendant Sees Late Husband On Plane

September 22, 2023
‘Céline Dion Dead 2023’: Singer killed By Internet Death Hoax

‘Céline Dion Dead 2023’: Singer killed By Internet Death Hoax

March 21, 2023
Chief Mrs Ebelechukwu, wife of Willie Obiano, former governor of Anambra state

NIGERIA: No, wife of Biafran warlord, Bianca Ojukwu lied – Ebele Obiano:

0

SOUTH AFRICA: TO LEAVE OR NOT TO LEAVE?

0
kelechi iheanacho

TOP SCORER: IHEANACHA

0
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

WHAT CAN’TBE TAKEN AWAY FROM JONATHAN

0

38-Year-Old Nigerian Patient with Rare Skull Base Tumour Undergoes Complex 11-Hour Surgery

November 28, 2025

Jacob Zuma’s daughter resigns amid claims South Africans tricked to fight for Russia

November 28, 2025

Russia’s Economic Promises to Africa Prove Empty

November 28, 2025

Trump vows to ‘permanently pause’ migration from ‘third world countries’

November 28, 2025

ABOUT US

Time Africa Magazine

TIMEAFRICA MAGAZINE is an African Magazine with a culture of excellence; a magazine without peer. Nearly a third of its readers hold advanced degrees and include novelists, … READ MORE >>

SECTIONS

  • Aviation
  • Column
  • Crime
  • Europe
  • Featured
  • Gallery
  • Health
  • Interviews
  • Israel-Hamas
  • Lifestyle
  • Magazine
  • Middle-East
  • News
  • Politics
  • Press Release
  • Russia-Ukraine
  • Science
  • Special Report
  • Sports
  • TV/Radio
  • UAE
  • UK
  • US
  • World News

Useful Links

  • AllAfrica
  • Channel Africa
  • El Khabar
  • The Guardian
  • Cairo Live
  • Le Republicain
  • Magazine: 9771144975608
  • Subscribe to TIMEAFRICA MAGAZINE biweekly news magazine

    Enjoy handpicked stories from around African continent,
    delivered anywhere in the world

    Subscribe

    • About TimeAfrica Magazine
    • Privacy Policy
    • Contact Us
    • WHO’SWHO AWARDS

    © 2025 TimeAfrica Magazine - All Right Reserved. TimeAfrica Magazine Ltd is published by Times Associates, registered Nigeria. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • WHO’SWHO AWARDS
    • Politics
    • Column
    • Interviews
    • Gallery
    • Lifestyle
    • Special Report
    • Sports
    • TV/Radio
    • Aviation
    • Health
    • Science
    • World News

    © 2025 TimeAfrica Magazine - All Right Reserved. TimeAfrica Magazine Ltd is published by Times Associates, registered Nigeria. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.